BLOCKs available surface area are approximately 2136 sq. meters (23,000 sq. ft).
- Ceramic Bio-filter Media with Vast Surface Area AND Open-Flow Porosity
- Ammonia and Nitrite Removal
- Nitrate Reduction
- Inert Ceramic
- For SaltWater and FreshWater Aquariums
Can be used in canister filters, sumps & wet/dry filters.
MarinePure is the perfect place for beneficial bacteria to flourish in order to remove harmful fish wastes. It will eliminate ammonia and lower nitrates.
MarinePure's bio-media is the most technically advanced bio-media available today.
Features Thin Bio-Film Technology™
MarinePure is inert and will not harm aquarium inhabitants.
Why Use MarinePure™
- Better value due to high performance
- Reduced tank maintenance
- Allows for higher fish loads
- Can use a smaller filtration footprint
- More consistent water chemistry
- Easy to shape
Can be used in a variety of applications;
- Used in tank
- Used in sumps
- Used in canister filters
- Used in trickle or shower filters
- Used in waterfall filters
- Used in hang on back filters
Thin Bio-Film Technology™
Combination of vast surface area and open/interconnected pores allow a thin bio-film to develop.
This thin film allows bacteria to flourish because necessary nutrients are immediately available.
With the open pores, old dead bio-film is easily flushed from the media and will not plug the media.
Water flows through the media, not as round as with other denser media, thus utilizing the most surface area for beneficial bacterial growth