- Regular price $145.00
The all natural alternative to activated carbon designed to buffer pH and last for months!
DVH Aquatics AquaChar
Most activated carbon in aquariums today use fossil fuel byproducts and hydrochloric acid. For millions of years forest fires and rain running into the streams, rivers and oceans has been nature´s way of cleaning itself.
AquaChar is an all natural product. By burning wood at several thousand degrees hotter than the ash point of carbon, AquaChar leaves the lightweight carbon skeleton that trees use to grow intact.
AquaChar is negatively charged. Broken down organics (which are positively charged) are the cause of most water clarity issues . AquaChar’s negatively charged ions pull fine particulates out of the water creating crystal clear water.
AquaChar has natural porosity and a massive surface area (>20 bioballs per gram*) which makes it the ideal support system for beneficial bacteria to colonize. Once AquaChar is colonized with beneficial bacteria, the negative charge allows for a more on demand absorption and breakdown of organics which stabilizes ammonia, nitrites and nitrates.AquaChar provides pH stability: For freshwater it stabilizes pH between 7.5-7.7 and saltwater between 8.1-8.4.
We recycle resources from the Earth to create a safe product which uses Nature´s power to maintain your aquarium with optimal clarity. AquaChar is not a chemical or synthetic product and provides a natural alternative to activated carbon. AquaChar can be used in freshwater, brackish and saltwater.
- Makes water crystal clear
- Purifies contaminations
- Surface area of 20 biobals per gram*
- Helps controll Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites
- Stabilizes pH in freshwater at 7.5 - 7.7, in saltwater at 8.1 - 8.4
* Bioballs = 1.5m2/gr., AquaChar =>32m2/gr.
Available in 250, 500, 1000 and 2000ml. Other sizes on special request.
Directions of use:
- Use 250ml / 1 cup per 200L / 50 gallon.
- Place new AquaChar in a mesh bag and rinse throuroughly.
- AquaChar lasts for 3-6 months depending on your bio-load. When changes are noticeable, remove 3/4 of the existing AquaChar and replace with new AquaChar to allow the bacteria to jump start the fresh AquaChar.