Utilizes two separate water flow channels. One for the Refugium and the other for the Protein Skimmer compartment. This unique design enables the water to travel through each compartment separately after entering the sump. The advantage of having two separate water channels is the dissolved organic waste can be removed via protein skimming.
Furthermore, having a separate Refugium compartment provides an area for supplemental biological filtration. Placing, (BIO-LUX or Macro Algae’s) within the Refugium compartment will facilitate the removal of unwanted nutrients; such as, (Nitrates and Phosphates). AQUA FUGE is an excellent choice for the Hobbyist Level aquarist.
- Item#: 31811
- Dimensions: 18x18x16″ (457x457x406 mm)
- Skimmer Compartment: 7.5×11″ (190×279 mm)
- Refugium Compartment: 9×11″ (229×279 mm)
- Return Compartment: 7.5×5″ (190×127 mm)
- Tank Usage: 35-75 gal (132-284 L)
- Filter Sock: Rectangular
- Total Water Volume: 36 gal (136 L)
- Max Flow Rate: 1,800 GPH (6,813 LPH)